Looking for the perfect addition to your BBQ instead of serving it with boring ketchup? We’ve got just the thing for you. Island Grill, Lancaster London’s restaurant with an eco-friendly menu, has great dining options and their head chef, Adam Woolven, shares his delicious BBQ recipe – a great Tomato and Chilli Jam to add to your summer cookout.
This sauce recipe is a simple but perfect way to spice up any meal. It is also easy to make, so don’t stress! You’ll look like a top chef to all the lucky people who get to experience this sauce with you.
BBQ Recipe: Tangy Tomato & Chilli Jam
1. 1kg Very Ripe Plum Tomatoes
2. 5 Red Chilli Peppers
3. 8 Garlic Cloves
4. Ginger (10cm piece)
5. 60ml Fish Sauce
6. 550g Demerara Sugar
7. 200ml Red Wine Vinegar
8. Pinch of Salt and Pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add the plum tomatoes to the water and boil for 10-15 seconds. Following this, run the tomatoes under cold water, then peel and quarter them.
2. Peel the ginger (easiest done with a spoon), then finely chop it, along with the garlic cloves and chilli.
3. In a large pan, cook the tomatoes, garlic, ginger and chillies on a low heat until the mixture becomes of pulp-like consistency. Pour the fish sauce, red wine vinegar and Demerara sugar into the mix. Stir well. Season with a little salt and pepper.
4. Don’t wait for the jam to cool – store the jam in a sterilized jar whilst still hot.
5. Scoop a generous spoonful of jam onto your freshly barbecued burger – and enjoy!
If you want to make your meals even tastier, this is the best sauce recipe you will find. Any summer BBQ will instantly be made better with the addition of Island Grill’s Tomato and Chilli Jam.