If you like juicing then you probably have wondered what to do with the amazingly vibrant pulp that it’s left; it’s so colorful that it feels like throwing the shavings of a rainbow in the trash. I’m here to tell you something you’ve probably already suspected: you don’t have to! There are a dozen different things you can do with it – from using it to fertilize your garden (my mom swears by this method) to making soup with it. However practical those things are, I am here to show you how to make a delicious dessert out of juice pulp. In this particular case, and because I love drinking carrot juice, we are talking about an all-time favorite: A Vegan Juice-Pulp Carrot Bread.
This carrot bread recipe is guiltless two ways: every time you make it you are wasting less of the planet’s resources and getting your greens in. All the ingredients will feed your body as well as your taste-buds. These gorgeous plant-based ingredients have a twofold mission: to make the carrot bread taste delicious and to give you a clean, cruel-free source of energy. Does it sound too good to be true? Let me show you:
2 cups carrot juice pulp
1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
⅔ cup dairy free yogurt (I make mine at home!)
1⅓ cup almond flour or oat flour (Quick Oat Flour Tip: Just put whole oats in a blender and blend at high speed. Voila! You’ve got homemade oat flour!)
½ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
1⅓ cup date sugar
⅔ cup coconut oil
1½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Prepare your bread pan. I like to line mine with parchment paper.
- Start with the dry ingredients and combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Now combine the wet ingredients and mix the date sugar, coconut oil, vanilla extract and dairy-free yogurt together.
- Add the two together and don’t forget to mix in the carrot pulp at the very end.
- Pour batter into the prepared brad pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Make sure that you poke a skewer through the center and that it comes out clean.
- Take the bread out of the over and enjoy your guiltless (and exquisite) carrot bread!
For More Great Vegan Recipes Also See: