This Courgette and Tofu Fritters dish is a great treat that even non-vegans will love. Here are a couple of handy tips to go with the fritters recipe – Don’t be scared to use oil or they will stick to the pan and not cook properly. You can make the fritters and store them in the fridge to be heated up in the oven another time.
If you don’t own a spirleizer you can grate the courgette. This recipe makes 4 fritters.
- 1 courgette spiralized/ grated
- ½ cup of sweetcorn
- ½ red onion finely sliced
- ¼ block of tofu crumbled
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- ½ cup of almond milk
- Sprinkle of paprika, cumin, black pepper & sea salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- A pinch of chilli powder
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- In a bowl spiralize/ grate the courgette, add the chopped onion and crumbled tofu.
- Mix together nicely with a spoon or hands.
- In a separate bowl add flour, herbs and spices and mix together.
- Add almond milk and soy sauce and whisk to form a thick batter. Add the batter to the vegetable mix and stir together.
- In a frying pan, add oil and heat to a medium setting.
- Using your hands, shape a handful of the mix into a burger shape and place in the oil. Do this three more times and fry for 7 or 8 minutes each side until golden brown.
- Serve and eat while hot.