There are two things you definitely need to experience while you’re in Juneau Alaska, whale watching and getting up close to a glacier. This Juneau whale watch and glacier tour is an unbelievable way to do both in a single excursion! Whale watching in Juneau Alaska is an unforgettable experience, and this tour offers guaranteed sightings of these giants of the deep.
You’ll have two hours aboard a customized whale-watching vessel to view massive humpback whales breaching the surface, as well as sea lions, seals, orcas, porpoises, eagles, and innumerable other sea birds. The specially designed boats offer uninterrupted viewing from an outdoor deck or indoor heated cabin. Then, after your amazing experience whale watching in Juneau Alaska, it’s time to head to majestic Mendenhall, the world’s only drive-up glacier. Here, you’ll be entranced by the beauty of the crystal-blue glacier and by your untamed wilderness surroundings. Plus you can explore some of the nature trails in the area at your own pace and pay a visit to the visitor center, where you’ll find a wealth of fascinating information.
- Viewing massive humpback whales breaching the surface, as well as sea lions, seals, orcas, porpoises, eagles, and innumerable other sea birds
- An outdoor deck or indoor heated cabin
- Exploring some of the nature trails in the area at your own pace
- The majestic Mendenhall, the world’s only drive-up glacier
- Your double Juneau whale watch and glacier adventure begins with convenient pick-up near the cruise docks for a short drive to Auke Bay, with your guide providing an entertaining narrative as you drive through downtown Juneau, Alaska’s capital city.
- Once you reach the water, it’s anchors aweigh as you head out into the Inside Passage. When your captain spots a whale, the motors will be shut down and the boat allowed to drift. The whale watching boats are not allowed to directly approach the whales, but with the motors off these gentle giants often come closer of their own accord!
- After two hours of stunning wildlife viewing, your vessel will return to harbor and you’ll step aboard a bus for the short drive to Mendenhall Glacier.
- After you’ve had your fill of exploring this natural wonder, you’ll hop aboard the bust to hitch a ride back to the cruise docks.
Tours Depart At:
- Juneau Port [Monday-Sunday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.]
Adult Rate- $139
Child Rate- $119 (ages 3-12)
This tour is rated ‘Easy’ in regards to activity level. There are a few steps to get in and out of the bus as well as a rugged dock a maximum of 300 yards to get to the boat.
This Juneau whale watch and glacier experience is a great value, one that helps you combine Alaska shore excursions cheap, and is a family friendly tour everyone will enjoy! If you’re looking to go whale watching in Juneau Alaska, this budget-friendly option is the way to go!