Intimate walking food tour with born-and-raised Parisians, through the past and the present of genuine Paris. Parisians are obsessed with food and this food tour answers very important questions! Where are the best macarons, croissants and chocolates in Paris, and what the stories of their makers?
How to choose a restaurant, how to know if it serves fresh and good food? What makes a good café terrasse? How many cheeses we have, how and when to eat them? Where to meet the nicest and most passionate shop owners?
Where is the oldest café of Paris? Why it is in Paris that restaurants were invented? Why do wine bottles have different shapes? Why each meal is a special event for the French and why they are hours long?
Why it is in Saint Germain des Prés that French cuisine was invented? And so many more tips, stories and secrets!
- Visits to two markets and food shops in the most gourmet neighborhood in Paris: Le Marais and Saint Germain des Prés.
- Friday, 10.30am: Gourmet Marais
- Sunday, 10am: Gourmet Saint Germain
Tours Depart at:
- Friday 10.30am-1 pm: Meeting point – métro stop Saint Paul (line 1) at street level
- Sunday 10am at métro stop Saint Sulpice (line 4) outside café Au Vieux Colombier (corner Rue du Vieux Colombier and Rue de Rennes)
- Adult: $45 (40€)
- Child (under 12): $25 (22€)
- Discounted rate for party of 6 or more: $257 (230€)