The Athens Coastal bike tour is the perfect half-day activity in the Athens Riviera! The city has the privilege of being next to a unique seaside resort with crystal clear blue water beaches, luxurious marinas, yacht clubs and numerous Athens beach bars and clubs. Explore an unseen urban and local side of the city.
Get some exercise and enjoy the sun during this bike tour, while cycling through picturesque neighborhoods on this beyond-the-city-center of Athens outdoor activity. In the summer and/or when weather permits, don’t forget to bring your swimsuit, and enjoy swimming in the sea at one of Athens’ gorgeous beaches.
- Bikes and helmets
- Child seat or bike trailer if needed
- Rain ponchos if needed
- Local pastry tasting
- The Athens Coastal bike tour starts from the biggest pedestrian street of Athens, a stone’s throw from Acropolis.
- Start the tour through the scenic neighborhood of Plaka.
- On the way to the Roman Agora, enjoy a marvelous view of the Acropolis. The neighborhood of Thission and ancient Greek cemetery of Kerameikos will be the last landmarks of the historic center.
- Get on a bike path that leads to the coast through three picturesque neighborhoods: Petralona, Kallithea and Moschato.
- After 45 minutes of cycling on a flat terrain, reach the southern suburbs. A highlight is the visit at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, a masterpiece of modern architecture. The Foundation hosts the new National Library and National Opera House.
- The Athens bike tour crosses the Naval Museum & the Flisvos Marina, where luxury speed boats and yachts are docked. Enjoy the sea breeze of the Athenian Riviera and arrive at Alimos Marina.
- Half-way, stop for a 30-minute break at a sandy beach, where you can swim or have a drink/refreshment at a beach bar.
- Αfter the break, start cycling back towards the city center.
- Finally, head to one of the best places in Athens to taste delicious handmade local pastries.
• This tour will help you gain a great overall impression of the city and its suburbs.
Tour Departs at:
- 16, Athanasiou Diakou str., 11742 Athens, 60m from the metro station Acropolis at 9am.
- Adult 8+: €38.00 [$43]
- Children 10-17: €28.00 [$31.60]
- Children 2-6: €15.00 [$16.93]
- 10% discount for families with 3 or more children (apply promo code deka)