This incredibly scenic, easy float is the perfect kayaking adventure for everyone! Families, couples, first-time kayakers, school groups and old timers will all love floating through the redwoods and marveling at their full 300+ foot grandeur, while gliding across the sparkling water of the Smith, one of the world’s cleanest rivers.
Perfect for a morning or afternoon excursion, this half-day Redwoods by River tour lets you explore the ancient redwood giants by kayak or raft while enjoying the crystal clear water of the Smith River.
- The upper section (9 a.m. tour) brings you through the beautiful gorge of the Middle Fork Smith, transitioning to the old growth redwood forest. We stop for a short side-hike through the stunning redwood groves surrounding Mill Creek.
- The lower section (1 p.m. tour) brings you further away from civilization, has a short hike along Walker Road trails, and passes giant redwoods from start to finish.
- Enjoy a catered riverside picnic lunch when you book a full day trip
- Swimming, paddling, and hiking in Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park and part of Redwood National and State Parks and a visit to the ancient sacred Tolowa Indian village site
- Professional guide
- Shuttle and gear: inflatable kayak or raft, paddle, helmet, life vest, splash jacket, and dry bag
Tours Depart At:
- 2100 US Highway 199 in Crescent City, CA
- 9 a.m.
- 1 p.m.
$84 adults, $69/kids (12 and under)
Single or tandem kayak trips Available year-round
Multi-person Raft trips Available until June or early July, depending on river levels